Are you worried that Employees are not honest in your survey?
Hire an unbiased Third Party Surveyor: BSC.
Employees don't tell the truth if they think HR can see their names - Even if you ensure them that they are anonymous. That's why BSC's surveys ensure employees that BSC is on their side, BSC is their voice and BSC will ensure that the company does something about their complaints and concerns.
BSC's surveys are flexible and editable, meaning that we'll help you decide on the questions. (Test a survey here.) The reports, however, are not your choice, they represent exactly what your employees think, hashtag no filter. Employees' comments are categorised in order to identify trends. If the majority of employees have rated something low, it is identified as a 'finding' or 'area for improvement'. These areas are discussed in great detail in your final report.
BSC's reports are available online and contain user-friendly graphics, downloadable lists of departments who have low scores as well as 3D presentations of the results to share with your Executive Team.
Don't let your employees feel like their hands are bound. ---------------------->
Let them feel like the surveyor is on their side.
Get more info via email:
- Creative survey design workshops with management teams collect each team member's input (and buy-in).
- BSC's branching system helps to keep the questionnaire short but to collect as much information as possible by opening more detailed questions to employees who give low scores. Comment and suggestion fields help to capture each employee's unique feedback. In the final report, trends that formed in the employees' comments will be highlighted and categorized. The words that originate from a survey are just as important as the numbers.
- Employees' anonymity are ensured. Their identities will not be revealed, however the title of their department/division/region/EE status will be made available during data analysis and data sorting procedure.
- Employees are surveyed according to their level of access to telephones, internet and meeting facilities:
thorough interviews with managers and directors in their native languages.
- Employees are allowed to choose the method of their survey: Some employees prefer telephone interviews, some prefer emails.
- Fieldworkers conduct interviews with low tier employees without access to telephones or the internet.
- Results are displayed on an online dashboard for exclusive team members to see.
- Workshops are facilitated at your offices to help each team understand the survey results.
Survey Report Example
Example of the index of the printed final report of a recent customer survey. (Employee Surveys deliver results to match the customer survey in order to enable comparative analysis, you will therefore find similar categories/headings in an Employee Survey report).